There are Three Types of People...

Just a place to share my thoughts.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

I love the mountains!


Oh, how wonderful it was to be out in nature this weekend! I went up to Payson Lakes and camped with a bunch of friends overnight Friday. It was so cold but beautiful to wake up in the morning. I am so excited for summer to come because if I had my way I think I would be up in the mountains all summer long. I forgot how much I love camping with the smell of the fire at night and in the morning. I even built and kept the fire going. I probably need to get a little more practice in before I can call myself a true fire expert, but it wasn't bad for not having tried in years (even then Dad always took over or some other camp leader). I have a feeling that this will not be the end of my camping trips for the summer!

4 comments:

Ann said...

Oh, I have been longing to go camping and you are making me want it more! There aren't any "real" mountains in the Bay Area (despite what people in the Santa Cruz mtns think!) I even went looking at tents yesterday. Guess we all got the "camping bug" early. :-)

Robyn said...

I know what you mean. Actually it was a little weird camping in these mountains becasue where we were there weren't any real trees. It was very odd to go camping without big pine trees everywhere. It made me decide to ask Dad if he would take me fishing when I go home. I really want to be more self reliant when it comes to fishing and camping. A note worthy skill I would think.

Sarah Jane said...

ok...I am officially reading your post! having other people write inspires me to write more too! yeah! so, here's to blogging! do you have pics of af canyon yet?

Robyn said...

No, I was a little self aware of how my face looked. It has been a bit of a problem for the past few days and I didn't want to have proof.