There are Three Types of People...

Just a place to share my thoughts.

Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween



Well, I meant to post right after Halloween, but I had Parent/Teacher conferences this week. That usually takes more time then I think it will, but I am glad they are over and I get today off!


On Halloween Jeff and I kept it simple. After the Haunted House incident I was not in the mood for anything scary. We decided to stay home to make and decorate sugar cookies. They weren't fancy and the "black" frosting was more of a swamp green, but we had fun anyway.

After they were made we decided to share them with our friends, Tammy and Cameron. We were going to just drop the cookies off and say a quick hello, but they invited us in to play Phase 10. It was a rousing game (I lost terribly) and we talked the night away. We had a lovely night full of treats and friends. Just they way I like it
.

7 comments:

Kayli said...

In case you forgot, I like sugar cookies and random pop-ins too. :) Sounds like a wonderful Halloween to me!

Jeff said...

Maybe we should bring some cookies to Kayli. Although the ones that are left are a week old now. Maybe we should bring her some next time.

Meg said...

Sounds fun! And, swamp green sounds like a perfectly appropriate color for Halloween cookies.

Heather said...

That's a great Halloween. I love decorating sugar cookies and don't do it often enough. I'm glad you had a non-scary Halloween. I didn't get out of watching a scary movie this Halloween and had to keep my eyes closed for 80% of the movie! Cookies are the way to go.

You can pop-in to me next time too. :)

Heather said...

OH, and cute new look to your blog!

Paul and Susan said...

That sounds like a great way to enjoy Halloween. Your sugar cookies look yummy! I think you have started a new tradition for your family!

Ann said...

Yummy! And I love your blog re-design!